Sennheiser PX100 Headphones Review
Almost what could be considered a design classic the Sennheiser PX100 Headphones are a perfect mesh of good audio properties, nice design, comfort and ease of use.
These headphones are open backed and so allow ambient external noise to penetrate which is ideal for listeners who wish to remain aware of what is going on around them (Joggers, Cyclists, etc). They have a solid audio profile which has a very listenable high end, not in any way harsh or raspy and also has a deeply satisfying bass end.
Comfort wise the PX100s are well padded and will adjust nicely to just about any head. We have found them to be extremely practical and easy on the ears in terms of rubbing and chafing. What’s more the PX 100s fold up conveniently like a pair of sunglasses and can easily be popped in a jacket pocket along with your iPod or alternately stored in the carrying case they are supplied with.
All in all a great buy in the sub $50 price range, and ideal accompaniment to an iPod. Lets face it those little white ear buds might look nice but they really don’t produce a proper sound for the serious music fan, the PX100s are a great upgrade. We have no reservations recommending the Sennheiser PX100s, excellent value for the money.
- Dynamic stereo mini headphones
- Great for travel and outdoor use with mobile sources such as CD, MD or MP3 players
- Fold and flip: registered design allows the ear cups to be turned through 90° and fold the headphones closed (headphones will lock in open and closed positions)
- 1.4 m Kevlar-reinforced OFC copper cable with 3.5 mm stereo jack plug
- Fits into the shirt pocket: rugged transport case with cord take-up (145 x 75 x 27 mm)
- Excellent sound quality for mobile audio sources
- High-resolution sound due to Sennheiser “Duofol” diaphragms with spiral embossing (reduces and spreads eigenforms)
- Strong Neodymium magnets for extremely low distortion
- High efficiency and powerful reproduction
- Balanced and detailed sound image for all types of music
- Crisp and fast bass response due to system “twin damping” with 80ppi polyurethane and special perforated elements
- Special baffle (based on the legendary HD 414) ensures very balanced sound
- Lightweight: only 60 g without cable
- Comfortable: headband with split padding
- Rugged and durable: robust steel headband with metal joints, steel-reinforced headband ends, connection to the ear cups tested for durability
- Easily replaceable ear pads and headband padding (ear cups and headband can be replaced by your dealer)
- 2-year guarantee
- RRP: $59.95 (Check Amazon for current PX100 pricing)